Usually, small businesses start their exploration of the digital space with the motivation of opening engagement channels with their existing customer base and subsequently expanding to newer markets. But after seeing the ROIs and total turnovers churned out from their digital advertising campaigns, it certainly takes time for them to overlook this medium as the most exciting and economical part of their marketing plans.
Since the pandemic, people’s media consumption and buying patterns have changed significantly. By offering advertisers the benefits of advanced audience targeting & campaign tracking tools, digital advertising channels have emerged as far more dependable, engaging, interactive, informative, and cost-efficient options than traditional ad marketing mediums like print, television, or billboards.
The best thing about online promotional platforms is that they grant equal opportunities to everyone. Even start-ups or small businesses with limited budgets can use digital marketing tactics and tools to experience tremendous boosts in their profits and solidify their presence in the business environment.
Top Digital Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses
Google My Business
By listing your business on Google My Business (GMB) platform, you get access to local customers seeking your product or service. These listings show up on web searches and Google map searches. Positive reviews from customers on GMB work as referrals for potential customers. As per a report:
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 72% say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
Furthermore, you can post information about your company, website, contact details, and ongoing offers. The platform then tracks customer activity.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social Media is a powerful tool to reach potential customers from larger markets. It is also the best engagement channel available to advertisers. As per VisualObject’s report, 70% of small businesses invest in social media advertising.
- Meta (Facebook & Instagram) Ads – 38% of small businesses find Facebook the most effective social media advertising tool. Instagram (52% advertise here) has become an extremely effective short video marketing platform. With ‘shop’ features and the ability to turn any post into an ad, Instagram is a go-to platform to reach young shoppers.
- YouTube Network Ads – 59% of people agree that YouTube ads are more relevant than ads on linear TV or other streaming apps.
- TikTok Ads – 52% of TikTok users confirm they discover new products via ads.
Brands should select their ad platforms based on their target audience and marketing goals. Goals include audience engagement, lead generation, branding, conversion, product launch promotions, upcoming online sale amplification, etc.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
When people type keywords or phrases on search engines like Google or Bing to look for specific or related products/services, some paid listings (or ads) are visible to them. Such listings are part of Search Engine Marketing. There are various advertising options on Google, such as Pay-per-Click (PPC), Responsive Search Ads, Retargeting Ads, ‘Smart Campaign Ads’, Text ads, etc.
This technique involves engaging third-party agencies (or individuals) to market products and services for a commission on actual sales. For example, fintech start-ups can hire affiliate marketing companies to run online ads to market offers. This digital marketing is good for niche products and requires minimum advertising budgets. Finding the right affiliate partner is the key to success here.
Other preferred digital marketing methods include influencer marketing, content marketing using user-generated media handles, social shopping, localized mobile ad marketing, and more.
Pro Tip: Creating digital marketing plans targeted toward audiences who are actively looking for brands owned by women, veterans, or minority community members, can improve conversions significantly! Small businesses can get diversity certifications from renowned agencies like 58Joralemon hassle-free. This single addition to promotional materials can lend authenticity and goodwill to brands.
Why should you use digital marketing for small businesses?
The influence of digital marketing on the competitive participation of small-sized establishments has had a massive effect on the overall business ecosystem of the country. Through this phenomenon, SMEs are enjoying many tangible and intangible benefits, such as:
- Expanded audience reach beyond local markets.
- Higher conversion ratio with lower capital investment.
- Ease of reaching mobile and cross-device audiences.
- Improved customer relationships and retention.
- Consistent profitable growth for the business.
- Lower need to spend on offline & BTL marketing.
- Enhanced business competitiveness.
- Better accuracy in audience targeting & tracking.
- Increased brand loyalty and referrals through customer engagements.
Digital marketing has changed the way small business owners view online space. With sustainable marketing practices and innovative strategies, SME brands can thrive and grow exponentially!
Suppose you are a small business owner or a start-up entrepreneur considering getting your business certified as a women-owned, veteran-owned, or minority-owned company. In that case, you can contact our 58Jorelemon advisors at (512) 222-5730. Or start your registration 58Jorelemon advisors at (512) 222-5730. Or start your registration process for just $99.