Learner management software systems that are specially designed for medical colleges have become quite popular in medical institutions across the country.
A well-integrated management system not only automates all routine processes but also saves on expenditures and staff time. This makes medical program software truly worth the investment in the long run.
A good medical school management system is meant to simplify, support, and streamline activities of all campus stakeholders – administrators, students, and faculty members. For a better understanding, you can go through the below-mentioned features of a robust medical software tool, that’ll convince you to re-evaluate your existing tech environment and upgrade to a more advanced system like Cocolevio’s LIMS:
Complete data & documentation management – This feature allows you to input, process, and manage all student & faculty portfolios efficiently, from one single dashboard. You can easily access student data (and/or related documents) to perform actions such as curriculum planning, performance review, and course budget allocations. Such comprehensive student portfolio management system gives one-click access for:
Bulk actions & customization – College administrators can upload multiple student & faculty portfolios at the same time. They can create, generate, export, and send MSPE letters in bulk in the most time-efficient manner. Furthermore, MSPEs can be downloaded in Word format and customized as per medical college requirements. Additionally, access to MSPEs can be restricted to only specific administrators and faculty members.
Student wellness tracking – Very few medical management software solutions in the market come with students’ mental and physical health monitoring modules. Such platforms are designed to collate information from various wellness activities or on-campus initiatives conducted by the college through surveys, polls, etc. Such data points, along with self-reported student inputs, help health advisors and college administrators derive timely insights and actionable steps needed to ensure the overall well-being of students.
Beneficial Integrations – A strong web-based and/or cloud-based application should be able to resolve legacy system integration issues with programs like Banner, One45, and Canvas.
26% of students say they have to sign into two or more different platforms
to find answers, & access what they need to be successful.
31% of staff say their institution uses multiple tech systems,
making it hard for them to get the data they need to do their jobs effectively.
Source: Saleforce report.
if you are searching for the right management software for your medical college, here are some essential things you should look into before making a decision:
1. Existing IT environment – If you are already using a campus management system or an ERP system for your institute, you should select an advanced software solution that would be easy to migrate to. It should be able to integrate with all on-demand services that your institute has already paid for, and be able to resolve your legacy system integration issues without affecting vendor lock-ins. The college leadership must also make a list of all essential features (and automation) they wish to focus on. Some of them could be:
Such prioritizations can help the Leadership decide whether the college needs an upgrade or a complete shift to a new software solution.
2. Future requirements & customizations – Decision makers should identify the features they feel are lacking in their existing IT environment, and then find a college management system that plugs in the gap – a system that supports their scalability goals. As every medical institute has a unique way of functioning, the chosen software should allow for the necessary customizations and personalization within its modules.
3. Automation demands – The main purpose of a medical program software is to achieve time and cost efficiencies. By automating various processes (admission documentation, enrollments, performance assessments, class scheduling, and fee collection) medical colleges can easily assign their administrators’ time to critical matters. Seamless automation lends reliability and standardization to many time-sensitive activities like student communications, feedback assimilation, board reports, student wellness monitoring, exam results notifications, and much more.
Related article: Mental Health Crisis in Medical Schools & Colleges
4. Budgets – There are many college ERP systems available in the market, catering to different budgets. But it is important to select a highly customizable software solution that is specially devised for medical colleges (e.g., Cocolevio’s LIMS). Something that fits into the fixed schedules of administrators & faculty members. Moreover, considering today’s digital ecosystem, it is crucial that educational institutions opt for cloud-first, device-agnostic software solutions.
5. Data security concerns – Institutes need to protect themselves against threats like superfluous traffic, unauthorized access to networks, phishing incidences, and dangerous malware attacks. So, choosing a school management software that comes with in-built data encryption and high-end security features is non-negotiable for any modern educational institution. With a cloud-based IT infrastructure, it is even more critical that there are additional security checkpoints in place, such as ‘restricted data access’, auto-logouts, integrations with secure payment gateways, strong firewalls, and antivirus software.
|A user-friendly, personalized user interface that supports hassle-free college management.||Anytime, anywhere access to all data & documentation with a cloud-based, device-neutral information system.||Bulk MSPE generation module that creates, customizes, and sends MSPEs in a fraction of the time.||Highest security features and built-in firewalls. Strict data access permissions for staff, faculty, & students.|
Conclusion: It is no surprise that medical program software solutions like LIMS (Learning Information Management System) have eased the lives of medical college administrators tremendously. This amazing technology tool has eliminated time spent on repetitive tasks, tracking paper trails and filing systems. On LIMS, medical college staff can centralize and standardize school records and process them efficiently to streamline routine operations.
Are you ready to upgrade your medical school’s digital ecosystem? Try Cocolevio’s LIMS, the best learner management software on the market.
Visit www.cocolevio.com/lims to learn more or contact our sales rep at (512) 222-5730 for a detailed product demo.