The two main factors that determine how much community service any Non-profit or church is able to deliver depend on the strength of its member base and its ability to secure funding. In the current socio-political climate, it has become increasingly challenging to grow through the traditional methods of charity framework.
But growth does not always mean running huge campaigns or operating out of massive facilities, or aisles filled with crowded volunteer members. Today, the thriving digital environment has added a whole new dimension to charity models, with concepts like crowdfunding, virtual churches, social media-led donation campaigns, Zoom events, and membership subscription programs taking the front seat.
If you are running a Non-profit or Church, here are some popular and less-expensive ways you can leverage digital space to ‘spread the word’ and increase your member base:
1. Establish a robust digital presence: Having a solid online presence is as essential for Non-profits as it is for corporate businesses. It all starts with having a good website that looks professional and trustworthy. The next step is to ensure that your charity organization is listed on most (if not all) ‘searchable’ locations such as Google maps, business directories, social media, and review sites.
2. Invest in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and blogging: SEO is what makes a website show up in search engines like Google and Bing. Having an SEO-optimized website and a strong blog strategy to promote your charity causes can help search engines divert a larger number of visitors to your Non-profit or church website. Services of SEO experts and blog writers can be easily availed these days for any price range.
Related Post: 9 Strategies to Grow Your Small Business
3. Build reach with social media: Leveraging social media is an exciting new way of growing the member base for Non-profits and churches. If you are looking to promote your charity, it is recommended that you focus on just 2-3 social platforms depending on your target audience and nature of charity. Example: For youth programs, you can tap into the huge teen base of TikTok or Instagram.
Nowadays, most organizations use YouTube podcasts, Twitter contests, and Instagram live events to create buzz around their causes.
4. Give a high-recall ‘face’ to your Non-profit: Associating a well-known, respected face as a ‘brand evangelist’ – preferably a senior or founding member – can help Non-profits garner peoples’ trust and support. It is natural for prospective members to be more receptive to charities they can relate to on a humane level.
5. Invest in promotional marketing: Spending smartly on Below-The-Line (BTL) marketing channels can expand the audience reach of Non-profits or churches exponentially. Here are some simple strategies to promote your charity and find new members:
Now that you’ve expanded your reach and added new members, it is time for you to have a plan to manage them productively. The best way is to start using specialized community management software like Countd. It can help you organize your member data, mobilize resources (both human & monetary), and automate your routine communication tasks. ‘Grouping’ is also an important feature that Non-profits can use to manage their member data (including volunteers, donors, vendors, and staff) more efficiently.
Also read: Advantages of cloud based software
It allows for proper segmentation of members into different groups as per certain searchable criteria such as location, campaign interest, the preferred mode of communication, etc. These groups can be leveraged to plan targeted marketing campaigns, assign roles, build community, develop effective communication strategies, and much more.
86% of fundraisers believe technology can replace a lot of manual tasks that divert them from more important activities.
Nearly a third (31%) of those who used CRM for donor relationship management exceeded their goals, versus 23% who met or fell short of their goals.
Embracing digitization has also brought about a systemic change and unimaginable efficiency to labor-intensive resource mobilization processes. And the introduction of Community Management Software products has further transformed the way charitable institutions are channeling their resources to create a noticeable difference in people’s lives. Here are some of the ways your Non-profit can benefit by deploying such specialized software, especially for mobilizing human resources:
Countd – a community management software for Nonprofits is an innovative software that can help your Non-profit or church catalog and organize member data easily. With it, you can build a thriving community and efficiently work on your causes.